Do you have a pool or you are responsible for making and looking pools clean? Then you know how hard is to clean pool. You spend a lot of time for cleaning it, while you could do other stuff. Thankfully we have automatic pool cleaners which help us to clean pools without much or no effort. On this site, you will find different information about different types of automatic pool cleaners which ones meet your criteria and what you should watch.
On the market, there are many different pool cleaners which you can look and choose from. As in most cases, the same is here where some products are more popular, better and high quality, while others are not so good. Below I have made a table of my best automatic pool cleaners which you can look at. If you are interested in best pool cleaners, just visit the ultimate recommendation page, where I listed more of them.
The Pool Cleaner
Cleaning pools without cleaners is not just time-consuming, it is also boring and beside that you also have to had other special equipment. If you want to clean the pool completely you need more than just one item, so also the price raises a lot and consequently, you came near the price of a normal pool cleaner.
I have also made pool cleaner reviews, so if you are interested in specific type or model, just search across the website or go straight to reviews page. Look below and find things that will help you, so your pool will be cleaned easily.
What should you watch?
There are some things is good you look before you choose pool cleaner.
- First of all, you should always have in mind the size of your pool. The bigger it is, the better cleaner you will need.
- Next thing you should look at is the quality of the cleaner. I recommend using high-quality cleaner. Why? If you have a high-quality cleaner your pool will be always clean and in great shape. Another important thing why you should get a high-quality pool cleaner is because by this you will also save money in long term. How? If you order low-quality pool cleaner which is not so good, it will ruin quicker and you will have to buy it more times. It’s better to one which is best, so it will serve you for a longer time.
- An important thing is also how easy can we set up the pool cleaner and the equipment they need for best performance. I think we all want to have as little as possible worries and things to do with them, so we can have more time and do other things that we want. Because of that, we should look for what extra equipment automatic pool cleaner needs and how easy is to set it up.
- Then we came to price and how much we should spend for it. In most times quality is connected with price and higher priced cleaners are better. We can also touch on the expression: »You get what you pay for« which is most times true.
- This is what some people forget, but I think is important when ordering an automatic pool cleaner. What is this? The warranty. Warranty is important if the machine stops working, so if they are without or with little warranty we will have to get a new one and again spend money. That’s not good right? It’s good they have at least 1-year warranty, of course, better if they have more. Here is again price connected with quality and warranty. The better automatic cleaner you get, you usually get also longer warranty.
- They are also different types of pool cleaners, so you have different options to choose from and now I will tell you which these are.
3 Types of pool cleaners
We have three different types of pool cleaners and now I will quickly sum up what are the main differences between them. If you want to know more you can visit on pages of each type.
Pressure pool cleaners
Pressure pool cleaners were used a lot for the older pool which had been built with pressure side port, while nowadays most of them are built with a suction side port. What they do, they use the pressure of the water, which gets returned back in the pool where it vacuums all the dirt and debris in the pool main system. Some of the debris goes straight to the bag which is attached to the cleaner. This thing is good because it reduces the wear and tear of the pool filter and the pump. This type of automatic pool cleaners are really good for pools which contain a lot of debris. The negative side of automatic pressure pool cleaners is that most of them require a separate pump, so they can work. Ones which don’t have it aren’t so effective and also most of them need a separated built port. If you have a pool which is made for pressure side cleaners than you can also easily use suction pool cleaners.
Suction pool cleaners
Suction pool cleaners are cleaners which are used a lot nowadays. If we compare them with pressure pool cleaners, they are good because they don’t need a separate pump to work. They are made, so they can move around pool’s walls and bottom while vacuuming debris and dirt. The automatic suction pool cleaner work like this that it’s get attached to the suction side of the pool plumbing. This can be the skimmer or the separate port made just for the cleaner. How does it work? The dirt goes through the hose into the strainer basket of the pool pump. They are great for pools with small debris (leaves of different plants, flowers) and areas with dust. If you have a pool with more and larger debris you should use leaf canister, so you prevent from clogging and blockage of the filter and also of the pool pump basket.
Robotic pool cleaners
What about automatic robotic pool cleaners? Well, this types of cleaners are the future and are becoming the leading and best pool cleaners. Wondering why? These type of pool cleaners are easy to use and are showing some awesome results. It’s really easy to use them, you have just to put plug the cleaner in the outlet (GFCI protected), then put your robotic cleaner in the pool and simply turn it on. There are no other things to do. They have a built in filtration system, so they can do their job without your pool system. You don’t need any extra boost pump and no hose extension and this are extra two things why robotic pool cleaners are awesome. The debris and the dirt go right in a cartridge or into a mesh bag. They are made is such way, so they can move at the bottom of the pools, they climb walls and most of them also clean stairs. A lot of these type of automatic pool cleaners have also a built-in technology which helps the cleaner to know the shape and size of the pool for best effect for cleaning.
Which type do I recommend?
From the 3 types above, I definitely most recommend the robotic pool cleaners. They are the most advanced and they take care that your pool is cleaned without any extra equipment and your pool system. They are easy to because you just plug them in in the outlet and put them in the water. Before I talked about things you should watch before getting an automatic pool cleaner. Robotic pool cleaners are easy to use, quick to set up, you then just need to choose a pool cleaner which is quality and has a warranty. Robotic cleaners are so smart, so they know also the size of your pool, so you don’t have to worry about that, they are simply awesome.
I have also found a video which shows 3 different types of pool cleaners, so you can watch it.
What should you do next?
The main thing of this post was to give you an overview of automatic pool cleaners, so you can choose ones that suit your criteria best. I hope and think I gave you enough information, so I think it is now your time to order a pool cleaner for your pool. If you want to find more information about specific type or model of cleaner just take a look at pages in the menus and search across the website.
Because I want you most information on one page I here listed some of the most recommend and popular automatic pool cleaners.
Wondering which are best & most recommended pool cleaners to check?
- Kreepy Krauly
- Dolphin Nautilus cleaner
- The PoolCleaner
- Polaris Vac-Sweep 280
- Polaris 360 Vac Sweep
- Dolphin Premier
- Hayward Navigator Pro
- Hayward SharkVac
- Baracuda G3
- Tiger Shark